Orchids are shipped directly from our farms. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for shipment with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey, it is absolutely NORMAL. Just follow these simple steps and the flowers will bloom delightfully.
- Open you box of flowers and inspect. *
- Each bloom has an individual water tube, refill and replace the water tubes until you are ready to arrange your flowers.
- After inspecting all water tubes, you can continue to store the orchids in the box they arrive in until you are ready to display them.
- Storage at room temperature above 50 degrees is ideal for these orchids. Anything cooler than this could potential be harmful and may damage the flowers.
- These flowers are sensitive to ethylene gas emitted by fresh fruits and vegetables, so be sure to remove all fruits and veggies from the area you are keeping your orchids before storage!
* If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your flowers, do not proceed processing your flowers. Leave the flowers intact in the box and call us immediately to 1.877 50 ROSES (507-6737).