Craspedia, also known as billy balls, are gum ball shaped flowers supported by long, thin stems. Believe it or not, yellow is its natural color. If yellow isn’t your color, we also offer tinted billy balls and an assortment pack, which are fun and unique. (Our assortment pack reminds me of the balloons from the Disney movie, UP.) Billy balls can last up to 10 days and are easy to care for! They also dry very nicely while maintaining its color and shape. Whether you use fresh flowers or dried flowers, billy balls can blend in nicely! If you’re looking for a hardy flower that will add color, texture and uniqueness then this is the flower for you! Browse through the 10 ways you can add a pop of color into your special event!
Sources: bridesmaid bouquets, wedding cake, boutonniere, bridal flower crown, isle decor, table arrangement, pink bridesmaids and bridal bouquet, yellow and white bridal bouquet, doggie flower collar, colorful tablescape.
Follow the simple steps below to ensure your billy balls look beautiful on the day of your event!
- Remove flowers from box by cutting any straps and also remove all paper and plastic packaging covering the stems of the flowers.
- Fill containers with at least 2 inches of fresh, cool water.
- Cut stems diagonally approximately a half an inch from bottom under running water with sharp scissors or knife.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared water.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate well.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- To keep your flowers fresh, be sure to change the water every 1-2 days. Assure that your flowers have sufficient water, they will drink an exceptionally large amount of water upon arrival.
For more inspirations, check out our Featured FiftyFlowers Review: Colorful DIY Wedding on the blog!