According to The Knot’s Real Weddings Survey, last year’s national average wedding cost was $35,329! They recently shared their 2017 average wedding cost which was surprisingly lower by $1,938. However, what I found most interesting was the increase in cost per guest. “An average of $268 per guest (that’s up $23 per guest year over year, and up $74 since 2009.),” says The Knot. Although the cost per guest went up, the guest list number decreased by 5 people. I don’t foresee the cost decreasing anytime soon since one of this year’s hottest wedding trends is all about enhancing your guests’ experience. Whether it be fancy party favors or elaborate food displays, guests’ are definitely spoiled.
For the past 11 years, The Knot has surveyed engaged or recently married couples across the US to get a sense as to how they plan their wedding. The results you’ll see below is a culmination of about 13,000 couples surveyed. Check out their findings below. What’s your state’s average cost?
Check out a few more of The Knot’s study statistics below:
- Average national wedding spend: $33,391
- Average guest list size: 136 (that’s down 5 guests per wedding year over year)
- Most Expensive Place to Marry in the US: New York City ($76,944)
- Least Expensive Place to Marry in the US: New Mexico ($17,584)
- Average Age of a Woman Getting Married: 29
- Average Age of a Man Getting Married: 31
- Average Number of Bridesmaids Per Wedding: 5
- Average Number of Groomsmen Per Wedding: 5
- Most Popular Month to Marry: December (16% of couples)
- Average Length of Engagement: 14 months
- Most Popular Months to Marry: September (16%), June (15%), October (14%)
- Most Popular Wedding Colors: Ivory/Champagne (37%), Dark Blue (32%), Gold (30%)
Curious about last year’s statistics? Check out The Knot Real Weddings 2016 Study Here!