If you’re looking for a statement piece to complete your outfit, then a floral necklace could be your answer! These necklaces are a wearable piece of jewelry that consists of fresh flowers and greenery. Floral necklaces are unique and can be used as a bouquet alternative or as an addition to the bouquet. It’s perfect for the flower girl, bridal party and the bride. I’ve seen a ton of inspiration on Pinterest, which led me to The Knots DIY This Beautiful Statement Flower Necklace tutorial. Follow their instructs below to create your own stunning floral necklace.
What You’ll Need:
- Felt or fabric
- Hole punch
- Oasis floral adhesive
- Silk or willow ribbon
Flowers You’ll Need:
- Air plant
- Reindeer moss
- Pepper berries
- Cut Your Shape – Keeping in mind the materials you have to work with, cut the cardboard and felt into the size and shape you want your necklace to be.
- Assemble the Necklace – Glue the felt to the cardboard and punch holes where you want your ribbon to go, then tie the ribbon long enough so it can easily be pulled over your head.
- Decorate – With the Oasis floral adhesive, begin on one side of the necklace and start gluing down your flowers, succulents, air plants or other desired elements
- Fill in the Gaps – Keeping a good design flow is key: Cluster colors together to make an impact or choose a focal point to add interest. Fill in any open holes with reindeer moss and make sure to cover any details you want hidden.
- Style – Voila! You have a beautiful floral necklace that can be worn in place of a corsage or simply to add a unique accessory to your outfit. It can also be styled as a headpiece or even a belt—the possibilities are endless.
Sources: Cover photo, Peonies and Ranunculus floral necklace, Mixed blooms and greenery necklace, Bright orange flower necklace, Blue Thistle floral necklace, Garden roses with greenery, Purple, pink and white necklace, Light pink bridesmaid necklace, and Dark purple statement necklace.