Freesia is known for their sweet scent and their dainty blooms. These fragrant flowers have about 3-5 funnel-shaped blooms and have an average stem length of 10 to 20 inches long. Freesia looks absolutely beautiful as a stand-alone and also make a stunning addition to an arrangement. Their size makes it ideal to use in corsages and boutonnieres. Freesia can also be used as a hair accessory. Although they appear to be dainty, they’re actually quite hardy and can last a good while out of the water. You can find freesia in a variety of colors such as white, purple, orange, yellow and more. A popular choice for fall is our Marsala Me Married variety, which is currently on sale! If you’re looking for a fuller appearance, take a look at our designer variety. Our Designer Freesia has double the petals, which can add an appealing texture and depth to any arrangement. Scroll on for some design and floral-pairing inspiration!
Sources clockwise from top left: Lantern centerpiece, Monochromatic purple bridal bouquet, Freesia flower crown, Purple and ivory boutonniere, Freesia in bud vases, Colorful bridal bouquet, Centerpiece with table number, Colorful boho-inspired bouquet, Freesia hair accessory, Purple and white bouquet, Bride and bridesmaids and Wedding cake with fruit and flowers.
Freesia Flower Care:
- Open you box of flowers and inspect. *
- Ensure that your flower buckets are clean and disinfected.
- Fill the buckets with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water. If you have flower food follow the instructions on the packet to prepare your water.
- Remove flowers from box by cutting any straps.
- Remove any flower bunch packaging material, including plastic sleeve and/or newspaper.
- Cut stems diagonally under running water with sharp scissors to desired length.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared buckets.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate well. Flowers may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep flowers fresh. Assure that your flowers have sufficient water. The flowers will drink an exceptionally large amount of water upon arrival.
* If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your flowers, do not proceed processing your flowers. Leave the flowers intact in the box and call us immediately to 1.877 50 ROSES (507-6737).
Ensure that you have sufficient room in each bucket for the amount of flowers you will be storing in the bucket. Flowers need room to breath and bloom; over stuffing buckets with too many flowers, can cause damage as well as prevent proper blooming.
Ready to Shop? Check out our full selection of Freesia here.
Questions? Let us Help! Use our online chat at FiftyFlowers.com or give our customer care team a call at 1-877-507-6737. We also offer Free phone consults with our resident wedding flower planner, Violet. Just chat in or call us to set up your appointment!