Hello, September! What better way to celebrate the first of the month than by highlighting September’s birth flower: Asters. Asters are known for its daisy-like appearance and its lateral stems. They have bright yellow centers with starry-like white petals. These petite flowers can fill in any empty space and also add volume. Asters symbolize love and patience, which makes them the perfect addition to your floral arrangements! They are commonly seen in rustic, woodland and wildflower bouquets. Asters come in an array of colors and varieties. Along with our standard Aster variety, we also offer Solidago Asters, Matsumoto Asters, and Estelle. Keep scrolling to check out some inspiration as to how to incorporate it into your event!
Sources: Wildflower table arrangement, Sunflowers arrangement, Bud vase centerpiece, Asters bridal bouquet, Boho bridesmaid bouquet, Asters in bride’s hair, Solidago and pink flowers, Solidago boutonniere, Woodland centerpiece.
Aster Flowers should be delivered 3 days before your event and to care for your fresh Asters, just follow the steps below!
- Remove flowers from box by cutting any straps. Do not remove the rubber bands holding the flowers together in a bunch. If there is plastic wrapping, remove to prevent condensation which leads to rotting.
- Fill containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water.
- Using sharp scissors or a knife, cut the stems diagonally under running water approximately an inch from each stem’s bottom edge.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared water.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate well.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep flowers fresh. Assure that your flowers have sufficient water. The flowers will drink an exceptionally large amount of water upon arrival.
Ready to Shop? Check out our full selection of Asters here.
Questions? Let us Help! Use our online chat at FiftyFlowers.com or give our customer care team a call at 1-877-507-6737. We also offer Free phone consults with our resident wedding flower planner, Violet. Just chat in or call us to set up your appointment!