Ranunculus are the perfect choice when it comes to adding depth and texture to floral arrangements. Their soft, round shape and abundance of delicate petals make them a unique addition to anything from an elegant bridal bouquet to a modern, pared-down centerpiece. While you may already be a fan of these beauties, we wanted to take a moment to introduce the newest member of our Ranunculus family–say “Ciao” to the Italian Cloony Ranunculus! This beautifully ruffled variety comes in a range of hues that will complement any color scheme from soft, bridal blush to dramatic crimson. They are available seasonally from November through March. Larger than standard Ranunculus, Italian Cloonys boast a bloom width of 2-4 inches and will be a standout addition to any arrangement. Check them out below!
The paler shades look enchanting alongside Brunia Balls and Dusty Miller Green Filler, while the deeper tones pair nicely with Privet Berries and deep green Nagi. Bellissima! One thing to keep in mind is that these generally arrive visibly dehydrated–think crumpled tissue paper. This is completely normal and is remedied by a fresh trim and ample hydration time.
Available November through March, we suggest having Italian Cloony Ranunculus delivered 3 days before your event to allow them to bloom to their fullest capacity and reveal their lush, green centers. To care for them, just follow the steps below:
- Open your box of flowers and inspect.*
- Ensure that your flower buckets are clean and disinfected.
- Fill the buckets with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water.
- Remove any flower bunch packaging material, including plastic sleeve and/or newspaper.
- Cut stems diagonally under running water with sharp scissors to desired length.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared buckets. Ensure that you have sufficient room in each bucket for the amount of flowers you will be storing in the bucket. Flowers need room to breathe and bloom; overstuffing buckets with too many flowers can cause damage and prevent proper blooming.
- Remove flowers from box by cutting any straps.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate well. Flowers may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep flowers fresh. Assure that your flowers have sufficient water. The flowers will drink an exceptionally large amount of water upon arrival.
* If upon first inspection you foresee a problem with your flowers, do not proceed processing them. Leave the flowers intact in the box and call us immediately at 1-877-507-6737.
Note: Exposing flowers to warm environments (outside in the shade, a warmer room, etc.) will help the flowers to bloom, and storing your flowers in a cooler environment will slow down the blooming of your flowers.
You can find all colors of Italian Cloony Ranunculus in the Ranunculus September to May 15th Delivery section.