Garden Mini Roses are sweet and petite! But don’t let their size fool you, these beauties are packed with petals giving you a lush texture. Garden mini roses are also called garden spray roses because they come in a spray, meaning they have anywhere from 2-5 blooms per stem and some un-bloomed buds as well. This makes them great for adding texture! Our mini garden roses come in a lovely selection of colors, from soft pastels to bold brights and often feature a fresh garden aroma.
Garden mini roses are usually available year-round and should be delivered 2-3 days before your event. This will give them adequate time to bloom. When you receive your mini garden roses, they may look like regular spray roses, and will be in bud form. Don’t worry! Follow these steps to care for your garden mini roses:
- Remove flowers from box by cutting any straps. Our Garden Mini Roses are shipped in special packaging that may or may not include water boxes, water tubes or wet foam. No matter the packaging, your Garden Roses have been properly prepared for shipping. Remove any of this special packaging including any plastic wrapping in order to prevent condensation which will cause rotting, but do NOT remove the cardboard sleeve or the rubber bands holding the flowers together in a bunch.
- Fill containers (the buckets from Lowe’s or Home Depot are great!) with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water.
- Add floral food to prevent bacteria from forming in the water and to give added nutrients to the Roses. If you do not have flower food, it can be purchased at any local florist.
- Remove any leaves that fall below the water line. Not removing the leaves may cause bacteria to form and shorten the Rose’s life.
- Using sharp scissors or a knife, cut the stems diagonally under running water approximately one inch from each stem’s bottom edge.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared water.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate well. Garden Roses may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate. Leave the plastic or cardboard packaging around the blooms for a minimum of 4 hours. This will allow the Roses sufficient time to hydrate properly. After 4 hours you can remove the cardboard packaging but continue to let hydrate until you are ready to use them!
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- To keep the Garden Roses fresh, change the water every 24 to 48 hours or when the water becomes cloudy. Assure that your flowers have sufficient water. The flowers will drink an exceptionally large amount of water upon arrival.
- If you have any concerns of your roses blooming too quickly or not fast enough, call us at 1-877-507-6737 and we can usually provide tips to speed up or slow down the process!
Use these stunning mini garden roses in a bouquet, boutonniere, or centerpiece for a lush and romantic feel. They can be used alone or combined with ranunculus, lisianthus, stock, or whatever you desire. Check out our full selection of Garden Mini Roses to see which ones you can’t live without!