Freesia is a beautiful focal flower which is very popular for wedding flowers and especially in a bridal bouquet because of its amazingly flower scent and vibrant color. These flowers have a unique spicy but yet sweet smell which are uniquely characteristic of the Freesia Flower. Freesia bulbs are usually grown for cut flower use and the origin of the flowers is from Africa. Freesia flowers are available typically in white or yellow and are have spike-like florets that bloom from the bottom up. This blooming beauty captures your heart and is a springtime favorite.
- Freesia flowers are symbolic of innocence.
- Freesias are used in perfumes, soaps, scented oils and baths and other scented popular home products.
- Freesia Flower was named after Dr. Freese who was born in 1785 and he was a student of South African Plants
The flowers come in a great variety of colors – white, golden yellow, orange, red, pink, mauve, lavender, purple and bi-colors.
Average stem length ranges from 10 to 20 inches; they are very scented flowers that have several blooms per stem.
Ideal delivery date:
4 to 5 days before the event will give them enough time to bloom up completely.
Available annually and at fiftyflowers.com we can ship for overnight delivery if the order is received before noon PST.
Fiftyflowers.com offers two different packages for Wholesale Freesia Flower:
- 80 to 100 stems
- 160 to 200 stems
The flowers are grouped in ten stem bunches.
Flower care tips:
- Allow Freesias to hydrate properly in fresh, clean water, while still in their flower sleeve.
- Cut about 1 ¼ inch off the stems.
- Fill a vase with clean, fresh water and add some cut flower food. If possible use cut flower food for bulb flowers which stops the flowers from stretching and drooping as they continue to grow in the vase.
- Freesias flowers which are not fully blooming are sensitive to ethylene. For this reason keep them away from sources of ethylene such as ripening fruit or exhaust fumes.