In today’s blog post, we’re shining a spotlight on the unique fiddlehead fern! Fiddleheads have a branch-like stem with a curly tip that spirals at the end. Fiddlehead is available year-round and comes in a range of green and purple hues. With its one-of-a-kind shape and beautiful color, it can easily add dimension and texture to any arrangement. It especially pairs well with rich, fall colors but also looks stunning mixed in with a ton of greenery. Adding a few stems of fiddleheads can easily transform your arrangements into a woodland fairytale. With little maintenance required, fiddleheads are easy to care for and can last up to eight days! Check out the fiddlehead wedding inspiration below along with care instructions!
Sources: Country-chic bridal bouquet, Tropical centerpiece, Fall-inspired bridal bouquet, Pumpkin centerpiece, Colorful bridal bouquet, Dark burgundy Dahlia bridesmaid bouquet, White and green boutonnieres, and Light pink bridesmaid bouquet.
Follow the instructions below to care for your greenery:
- Open your box of greenery and inspect. *
- Ensure that your flower buckets are clean and disinfected.
- Fill the buckets with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water. If you have flower food follow the instructions on the packet to prepare your water.
- Ensure that you have sufficient room in each bucket for the amount of stems you will be storing. Overstuffing may cause damage to stems and leaves.
- Remove greenery from box by cutting any straps.
- Remove any stem bunch packaging material, including plastic sleeve and/or newspaper.
- Cut stems diagonally under running water with sharp scissors to desired length.
- Remove any foliage that lies below the water line to prevent bacteria from entering through the water.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared buckets.
- Allow greenery at least 4 hours to hydrate well. It may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate.
- Keep greenery away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep greenery fresh. Be sure that your stems have sufficient water. They will drink an exceptional amount of water upon arrival.
* If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your greenery, do not proceed processing your order. Leave the greenery intact in the box and call us immediately at 1-877-50 ROSES (507-6737)
Ready to start shopping for this unique greenery? Check out our Fiddlehead Fern here!