Lately, I have been obsessing over our Italian Ruscus Greenery and I think everyone else has too! If you’re looking for wedding flower inspiration on Pinterest you’re bound to find this hardy greenery making an appearance. I’d like to think Italian Ruscus is just as popular as Seeded Eucalyptus and Silver Dollar Eucalyptus. With its rich green color and its narrow tear-shape leaves, they make the best filler. As an added bonus, this greenery is available year-round and it’s long-lasting. With proper care and handling, Italian Ruscus can last up to 8 days. This variety looks beautiful on its own, especially when it’s laid out on the center of the table. It also pairs nicely with candles too. The shiny leaves add a touch of glam while the candles create a romantic ambiance. If you’re looking for an affordable greenery filler then look no further. Check out the beautiful inspiration I’ve gathered below along with care instructions.
Sources: Blush and burgundy bridal bouquet, Greenery headpiece, Italian Ruscus table runner, Italian Ruscus and Ranunculus cake decor, Italian Ruscus backdrop, Light pink bridal bouquet, Floral chair decor, Stair railing decor, E. T. Initials, Garden roses and Italian Ruscus cake decor.
To properly care for your greenery, please follow the instructions below:
- Open your box of greenery and inspect.*
- Ensure that your flower buckets are clean and disinfected.
- Fill the buckets with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water. If you have flower food follow the instructions on the packet to prepare your water.
- Ensure that you have sufficient room in each bucket for the amount of stems you will be storing. Overstuffing may cause damage to stems and leaves.
- Remove greenery from box by cutting any straps.
- Remove any stem bunch packaging material, including plastic sleeve and/or newspaper.
- Cut stems diagonally under running water with sharp scissors to desired length.
- Remove any foliage that lies below the water line to prevent bacteria from entering through the water.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared buckets.
- Allow greenery at least 4 hours to hydrate well. It may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate.
- Keep greenery away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep greenery fresh. Be sure that your stems have sufficient water. They will drink an exceptional amount of water upon arrival.
Questions? Let us help! Use our online chat at FiftyFlowers.com or give our Customer Care team a call at 1-877-507-6737. We also offer free phone consultations with our resident Flower Design Consultant, Violet. Just chat in on the website or call us to set up your appointment!