Leyland Cedar Greenery is commonly associated with the holiday season, but its longevity (eight days with proper care) and dark green color have made it an excellent choice for decorative filler. This variety would be perfect for both a Fall or Winter wedding. Leyland Cedar can be used tucked into a holiday-inspired wreath or mixed in with other greens in a garland. One of the great things about this greenery is that it is easy to work with! A table runner can easily be created using our Leyland Cedar, simply lay strands of greenery down the center of a table for an effortless and festive table runner. Attaching a sprig or two on napkins, table numbers or place cards is also a great way to use this greenery. It pairs well with any type of berries such as Hypericum Berries, Hanging Pepperberry and Red Ilex Berry Branches. Leyland Cedar also looks elegant when paired with white flowers. Although this greenery is especially popular during the holiday season, it’s available year-round. Take a look at the inspiration I’ve collected below. I hope this inspires you. Let us know how you would incorporate this greenery into your decor!
Follow the instructions below to care for your greenery:
- Open your box of greenery and inspect. *
- Ensure that your flower buckets are clean and disinfected.
- Fill the buckets with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water. If you have flower food follow the instructions on the packet to prepare your water.
- Ensure that you have sufficient room in each bucket for the amount of stems you will be storing. Overstuffing may cause damage to stems and leaves.
- Remove greenery from box by cutting any straps.
- Remove any stem bunch packaging material, including plastic sleeve and/or newspaper.
- Cut stems diagonally under running water with sharp scissors to desired length.
- Remove any foliage that lies below the water line to prevent bacteria from entering through the water.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared buckets.
- Allow greenery at least 4 hours to hydrate well. It may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate.
- Keep greenery away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep greenery fresh. Be sure that your stems have sufficient water. They will drink an exceptional amount of water upon arrival.
Questions? Let us help! Use our online chat at FiftyFlowers.com or give our Customer Care team a call at 1-877-507-6737.
We also offer free phone consultations with our floral design consultants!