Searching for greenery that’s perfect for both fall and winter weddings? Why not try magnolia?! Magnolia has wood-like stems that feature waxy foliage; each stem has several leaves that are green on one side and a brownish-gold backside. Its two-tone foliage can easily provide appealing texture and depth to any arrangement. The best part of this greenery is that it’s available year-round, so you don’t have to worry about the season.
Magnolia leaves can be used for various decor ideas such as decorating a reception table. Whether you create an all-greenery centerpiece or you add fresh blooms to your arrangement, you’re bound to make a statement! Other than the magnolia leaves, we also offer magnolia garlands too. If you’re working with long banquet tables, then I highly recommend using garlands to decorate your tables. Garlands make for great table runners and can easily spice up the table on its own or be paired with candles and fresh flowers.
Another great way to incorporate these trendy leaves is by using them as your escort cards. Greenery escort cards can be affordable and can easily tie in the entire floral look!
Need a little inspiration on how to incorporate magnolia into your event? We’ve got you covered! Be sure to check out the care tips below too.
Sources: Bride and bridesmaids bouquets, Thanksgiving tablescape, Modern bridesmaid bouquet, Cotton and magnolia leaves chair decor, Magnolia and garden roses bouquet, Ceremony arch, Magnolia garland, Magnolia and ranunculus boutonniere, Bridal bouquet, and Transitional tablescape.
Flower Care Instructions:
Bulk greeneries are shipped directly from our farms to your doorstep. Before shipping your greenery we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey, it is absolutely NORMAL. Just follow these simple steps to ensure your greeneries have the proper care.
- When your boxes arrive, it is important to get your greenery in water as quickly as possible. Open your boxes and remove any protective packaging, such as foam or paper.
- Inspect your greens.*
- Gather clean buckets or containers for your greeneries. Ensure your buckets or containers are very clean. We recommend rinsing them with warm water.
- Fill the buckets or containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water. If flower food is available, follow the package directions for adding it to the water.
- Cut any straps and remove greens from the box. Remove any rubber bands or plastic sleeves protecting the greens.
- Remove any foliage that would fall below the waterline. Leaves below the waterline may cause bacteria to form, shortening the life of your flowers.
- Using sharp flower shears or scissors cut stems diagonally under cool, running water. Cut about an inch off of each stem.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared water.
- Ensure that you have sufficient room in each bucket for the amount of stems you will be storing. Overcrowding may cause damage to stems and leaves.
- Allow greeneries at least 4 hours to hydrate, greenery may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate. Periodically check the water levels. Greeneries will drink a lot of water when they first arrive and the water may need to be refilled.
- Keep greeneries away from direct sunlight, drafts or extreme temperatures. Store greenery in a cool dark area, until ready to use.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep greeneries fresh.
*If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your flowers, do not proceed processing your order. Leave the flowers intact in the box and call us immediately at 1-877-50 ROSES (507-6737)