It’s time for another greenery spotlight! So if you’re looking for a versatile option then keep on reading. I am sure most of us have seen or heard about Variegated Pittosporum. It’s a tall woodys stem (averages 8-12 inches in length) with dense foliage that features creamy white edges. Its beautiful bicolor is what sets this greenery apart from the rest! Though they’re available year-round on our site, they’re a particularly fitting choice for Spring weddings. On average, this variety can last up to 8 days with proper care and can also maintain its shape out of water. Other than our standard variety, we also offer a mini version on our site! You can find our Mini Variegated Pittosporum Greenery here. Both our standard and mini varieties are long-lasting and thrive in both cold and hot temperatures.
Our standard variety works well in bouquets, backdrops, ceremony aisle decor and basically in any large arrangement. This greenery is bound to stand out and make an impression even when paired with showy flowers like peonies. Variegated Pittosporum is commonly paired with flowers like roses, kale, dahlias and hypericum berries, though they look great with just about any flower!
If you’re looking for greenery to use in your boutonnieres or corsages, I’d recommend using our Mini Variegated Pittosporum. This variety is easy to work with and its size makes it ideal for smaller arrangements. It looks great in flower crowns too! For an organic look, use our Mini Variegated Pittosporums and White Spray Roses. A style such as this would be perfect for a Bohemian inspired event.
Check out some Variegated Pittosporum Greenery inspiration below plus tips on how to care for your greenery!
Sources: All-White Bridal and Bridesmaid Bouquets, Ranunculus and Variegated Pittosporum boutonniere, Fall-inspired bouquet, Garden Roses and Mini Variegated Pittosporum, White and Blush Bouquets, All-White Bridal Bouquet, Bouquets with Coral Peonies, Mixed Greens and White Flowers, and Pink Bridesmaid Bouquets.
How to care for your greenery:
- Open your box of greenery and inspect.*
- Ensure that your flower buckets are clean and disinfected.
- Fill the buckets with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water. If you have flower food follow the instructions on the packet to prepare your water.
- Ensure that you have sufficient room in each bucket for the amount of stems you will be storing. Overstuffing may cause damage to stems and leaves.
- Remove greenery from box by cutting any straps.
- Remove any stem bunch packaging material, including plastic sleeve and/or newspaper.
- Cut stems diagonally under running water with sharp scissors to desired length.
- Remove any foliage that lies below the water line to prevent bacteria from entering through the water.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared buckets.
- Allow greenery at least 4 hours to hydrate well. It may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate.
- Keep greenery away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep greenery fresh. Be sure that your stems have sufficient water. They will drink an exceptional amount of water upon arrival.
* If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your greenery, do not proceed processing your order. Leave the greenery intact in the box and call us immediately at 1-877-50 ROSES (507-6737)
Questions? Let us help! Use our online chat at FiftyFlowers.com or give our Customer Care team a call at 1-877-507-6737. We also offer free phone consultations with our resident Flower Design Consultant, Violet. Just chat in on the website or call us to set up your appointment!