Prior to working at FiftyFlowers.com, I didn’t know DIYing your wedding flowers was a thing but I am so glad I know now because I am engaged and we’re officially 80 days out until my wedding! With that being said, I made sure to book a consultation with Violet. For those who don’t know Violet, she is our in-house flower design expert. She’s amazing at taking your floral vision and bringing it to life within budget, color, or theme.
I’ve learned a ton about the flowers since working here, so I knew exactly what type of flowers I wanted. However, one of the struggles I faced was deciding on the quantities. I didn’t know how many stems it would take to fill out my centerpieces, bouquets, etc. Not knowing if I’d have enough flowers for all of my arrangements was daunting. I also didn’t have a game plan for my floral arranging party (yikes!).
Before my consultation, I organized my Pinterest board, which I shared with her and I filled out a questionnaire that was sent to me. I also shared a photo of the lanterns I am going to use as my centerpieces along with the measurements. (The more details you share with her the better!)
During our consultation, Violet created a shopping cart for me and filled out my Wedding Flowers Worksheet. In this worksheet, which you can download here, she filled in the flowers I needed along the left-hand side and then the arrangement/quantities along the top section. She also filled in the number of flowers I planned to order in the green section, which the gray area automatically calculated how many stems I needed and how many I had extra.
Tip: If you are in between package sizes, we always suggest ordering up to account for broken or damaged flowers, and you’d be surprised at the number of places you can throw extra flowers, like the bathrooms or the bar or just filling out the arrangements you already have!
I felt instant relief once I talked to her because she understood my vision and made me feel confident in myself. Here’s a preview of what my centerpieces will look like… Violet was sweet enough to create this for me and I am amazed by her talent!
What I ordered:
- 8 bunches of white gladiolus
- 20 stems of gardenia peonies
- 10 bunches of creamy white spray roses
- Medium box of burgundy blush DIY wedding flower pack
- 80 stems of burgundy blush astrantia mix
- DIY Wedding Flower 200 Roses and 15 to 20 Hydrangeas
- 10 bunches of Kiss of Blush Lisianthus
- 10 bunches of variegated pittosporum greens
- 20 bunches of Italian Ruscus
- 15 bunches of silver dollar eucalyptus
- 300 stems of dusty pink carnations
- 10-foot eucalyptus and salal greens garland
- 100 stems of burgundy wine ranunculus
- 200 stems of amnesia lavender roses
Need help planning the wedding flowers of your dreams? Set up a flower consultation!