It’s that time of the year again! It is time to start prepping for the Society of American Florists’ (SAF) national Petal it Forward event. This will be our 3rd year participating in this event and we’re so excited!
On October 24th, 2018, the FiftyFlowers team will walk the downtown Boise streets to hand out fresh flowers to busy commuters to help brighten up their day.
The Petal It Forward campaign was started in response to the data release by SAF showing the positive emotional benefits of both giving and receiving flowers.
With this data in mind, the Petal It Forward team is not only spreading happiness to lucky Boise residents who receive the flowers but arming these recipients with the tools they need to Petal it Forward and spread happiness to others: An extra flower to share with a loved one, coworker or even a stranger.
The following are highlights from SAF’s survey results:
- When it comes to happiness, it’s just as good to give flowers as it is to receive: 88 percent of Americans report that giving flowers makes them feel happy, while 80 percent reported that receiving flowers makes them feel happy.
- Just being around flowers improves your mood: 76 percent of Americans agree that having flowers in their home or office improves their mood.
- The best reason to receive flowers is “just because”: Women (92 percent) are more likely to agree with this, but the majority of men (three in four) also share this sentiment.
- Florists to the rescue! Nearly four in 10 Americans indicate florists have helped them in a past or current relationship; most frequently to say “I love you,” or schedule a surprise delivery.
See more information on flower health benefits on About Flowers.
Now, check out last year’s event!
After receiving your flowers, we ask that you join us in this feel-good campaign by gifting your extra rose and sharing your happiness on social media using #petalitforward.
- Petal It Forward Boise On Oct. 11th!
- FiftyFlowers Will Participate In Petal It Forward On Wednesday, Oct. 19th!
- The Emotional Impact Of Flowers