Looking to create your own boutonnieres? We’ll show you how easy it can be using our new Boutonniere and Corsage Floral Supply Kit! This easy to use kit includes 2 packs of white wrap wristlets, 1 pack of corsage magnets, 1 Oasis bunch cutter, 2 rolls of the 1/2 inch floral tape, 1 roll of white or ivory ribbon, 1 spool of floral wire, 1 pack of 2-inch white pins and 1 pint of Floralife Express Universal Floral Food. Literally, everything you need to create professional boutonnieres and corsages. Keep on scrollin’ to see how we used this kit!
- Gather the flowers you want to use and trim smaller sprigs off any spray flowers and cut longer stems down a bit, not too short though, we will cut more off later.
- Remove any extra foliage and wrap each stem with floral tape. Wrapping each stem with floral tape will add support and stability. Tip: if the stems are too thin, bunch 2 or 3 stems together along with a strand of floral wire to create a thicker stem.
- Tightly wrap the floral tape by pulling slightly and wrapping downwards around the floral wire and stems. Once you reach the end of the stem/wire, cut off the extra tape.
- Once all of your stems are wrapped in floral tape, begin your arrangement. We recommend starting with your focal flower first.
- Then work around your focal stem and add in your accent flowers. Once you’re pleased with the way it looks, wrap floral tape around the entire boutonniere.
- Finish off the look by using your floral shears to trim to size. Tip: For a unique touch, add a piece of floral wire, longer than the stems, and wrap with floral tape, then wrap the extra wire around your finger once into a curly-Q shape.