The Knot conducted their annual couples survey (The Knot Real Weddings Survey) and recently released their 2016 results. More than 13,000 couples who said “I do” last year participated in this survey. According to The Knot, the national average wedding cost is… (drumroll, please!) $35,329. And if you’re curious, the average wedding cost in 2015 was $32,641 (yikes!).
What’s your state’s average cost? Check out the photo below!
The Knot Real Weddings 2016 Study Statistics:
- Average Number of Groomsmen: 5
- Most Popular Month to Get Engaged: December (15%)
- Average Length of Engagement: 15 months
- Most Popular Month to Get Married: October (16%) and September (16%)
- Popular Wedding Colors: Dark blue (29%), gold (28%) and light pink (28%)
- Percentage of Destination Weddings: 20%
National Average Spend Breakdown:
As someone who is recently engaged, the results definitely motivated me to research ways to cut the cost without compromising, of course! One of those ways is deciding on what you can DIY! At FiftyFlowers, we have over 3,000 flower varieties that is bound to fit your style and theme. Shop by flower type or color here! We help the DIY bride get beautiful flowers at wholesale prices. If you’re not sure if DIYing your flowers is for you or if you’re not sure where to start, you can schedule a free flower consultation! Our in-house flower design experts are fantastic at taking your floral vision and bringing it to life within budget, color, or theme!