Flower Obsessed Budget Bride Gets Her Dream Day

Hannah MacDonald (Bride) Washington, DC
To anyone else at my wedding, we spent $10,000 on flowers. But I'm sneaky and only spent $1,300 on FiftyFlowers! I made 20 centerpieces (all over 5 feet tall!), 25 small arrangements (for bathrooms, the bar, and corners that looked naked), 18 church arrangements, 3 bridesmaids bouquets, and a bridal bouquet. All the flowers took about 8 hours to do and I was able to prepare everything two days prior to the wedding. The flowers were in perfect bloom for the wedding and I couldn't have been happier! A quick tip: I bought 99% of my flowers through FiftyFlowers and the other 1% at a local grocery store. I wanted to have a bridal bouquet with a lot of variety and by buying a dozen local flowers ... gave it that little something extra! We also spray painted leaves to throw down with the rose pedals to match our fall wedding and give a little more texture to the petals. We ended up having about 3 dozen extra flowers, too! Show more
Flowers by Hannah MacDonald

Arrangements Made

  • 34
  • 0
  • 1
    Bridal Bouquet
  • 3
    Bridesmaid's Bouquets
  • 20
  • 0
  • 10

Flowers Used for Hannah MacDonald's Arrangements

White Freesia Flower ( 160 to 200 stems )

Used for: Centerpieces , Bridal Bouquet, Bridesmaid's Bouquets

Great flowers to add that delicate touch and fragrance! Freesia's are a symbol of friendship and were a perfect choice for the day I married my best friend! It gave the hall a faint, delicate floral smell that will forever remind us of our wedding!

White Dahlia Styled Flowers for Weddings

Dahlia Style Cremon Snowflake ( 18 Bunches or 180 Stems )

Used for: Centerpieces , Bridal Bouquet, Bridesmaid's Bouquets , Other

I bought these as my "filler flower" since they are about the same price as carnations. Well they stole the show! They were perfect everywhere and ended up being the highlight of most of my arrangements! They are packaged in floral netting and will last over 3 weeks in fresh water. They look delicate, but boy, are they hardy!

Gladiolus White Flower ( 25 Bunches Premium )

Used for: Centerpieces , Other

What a great bang for your buck! These flowers have a tremendous amount of volume for the price and were the focal flower of our wedding. We used these in the centerpieces and at church and I paired them with the Bells of Ireland to tone down any feeling of a funeral (since older generations associate it with funerals). What success! It made the whole church and reception feel like a forest of flower-trees! They are as tall as it says in the description!

Wedding greenery bells of Ireland molucella filler flowers
Used for: Centerpieces , Bridal Bouquet, Bridesmaid's Bouquets , Other

This was a great addition to EVERYTHING! I thought I was only going to use them in my centerpieces, but they turned out to add a quirky touch to the bouquets too! These flowers are full of personality and last FOREVER!

White Rose Petals Wholesale

White Rose Petals ( 12,000 Rose Petals )

Used for: Centerpieces , Other

We used these to fill in any space that we couldn't fill with flowers or didn't have it in the budget to fill with flowers. It gave us a very luxurious feel without the effort or money. Increased the romance factor by a bajillion!


James Ton
Celebrations Made Simple
Uniform, courtesy of the United States Navy