Recommended delivery date: 2 days before your event.
Average Stem Length: 3 to 4 feet
Symbolism: Crab apples represent love and marriage.
- If your event is Saturday suggested delivery date is Thursday.
- Crab Apple Branches are available August through Mid October.*
- Crab Apple Branches are shipped in a growers bunch with typically 3 to 5 stems per bunch.
- Crab Apple fruit ranges from green to crimson red and will vary intermittently as the season changes. The early season crops will have more green apples; and as the fall season settles in, characteristically the apples will turn dark red.
- During fall, leaf coloring will change from sharp green to golden and rust hues.
- Crab Apples will shed. It is completely normal for up to 20% of the berries to fall off over time.
- Expected vase life is an average minimum of 4 days with proper care and handling.
- These fruit branches are commercially grown for decoration purposes and not for consumption.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
*Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
+ Your greenery will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please refer to our Flower Care tab on this product page for a descriptive process on care and handling instructions.
++ In the event that a substitution may be necessary to make certain that your greenery is delivered on time, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible even if this means substituting flowers of higher value. While we will always try to inform under these circumstances, flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you.
Bulk greeneries are shipped directly from our farms to your doorstep. Before shipping your greenery we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey, it is absolutely NORMAL. Just follow these simple steps to ensure your greeneries have the proper care.
*Crab Apples are for decorative use only and not for consumption*
- When your boxes arrive, it is important to get your greenery in water as quickly as possible. Open your boxes and remove any protective packaging, such as foam or paper.
- Inspect your greens.*
- Gather clean buckets or containers for your greeneries. Ensure your buckets or containers are very clean. We recommend rinsing them with warm water.
- Fill the buckets or containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water. If flower food is available, follow the package directions for adding it to the water.
- Cut any straps and remove greens from the box. Remove any rubber bands or plastic sleeves protecting the greens.
- Remove any foliage that would fall below the waterline. Leaves below the waterline may cause bacteria to form, shortening the life of your flowers.
- Using sharp flower shears or scissors cut stems diagonally under cool, running water. Cut about an inch off of each stem.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared water.
- Ensure that you have sufficient room in each bucket for the amount of stems you will be storing. Overcrowding may cause damage to stems and leaves.
- Allow greeneries at least 4 hours to hydrate, greenery may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate. Periodically check the water levels. Greeneries will drink a lot of water when they first arrive and the water may need to be refilled.
- Keep greeneries away from direct sunlight, drafts or extreme temperatures. Store greenery in a cool dark area, until ready to use.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep greeneries fresh.
*If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your flowers, do not proceed processing your order. Leave the flowers intact in the box and call us immediately at 1-877-50 ROSES (507-6737)