Recommended Delivery Date: 2 days before your event
Dahlia Bloom Type: Decor
Average Bloom Size: 2 to 4 inches
Average Stem Length: 23 to 28 inches
- If your event is Saturday suggested delivery date is Thursday.
- We know Dahlias are delicate flowers, to ensure you have the most beautiful arrangements, we pack 20% additional stems.
- Dahlias have a limited seasonal availability; this variety is typically available June through August.
- If your desired delivery date is not available, please contact customer care.
- Dahlias are shipped in 5 stem bunches.
- Dahlias feature one fully flowering bloom per stem and may have laterals of blooming to non blooming buds.
- Expected vase life is an average of 3 days with proper care and handling.
- Dahlias are extremely delicate and require refrigeration. FiftyFlowers recommends Dahlias to customers with extensive flower knowledge.
- For a similar look and an easier flower to care for, we suggest you look at our Daisy and Poms or Mums and Spiders.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
*Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
+Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please refer to our Flower Care tab on this product page for a descriptive process on care and handling instructions.
++In the event that a substitution may be necessary to make certain that your flowers are delivered on time, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible even if this means substituting flowers of higher value. While we will always try to inform under these circumstances, flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you.
Bulk Dahlia flowers are shipped directly from our farms. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for shipment with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey it is absolutely NORMAL. Just follow these simple steps and the flowers will bloom delightfully.
- Open you box of flowers and inspect. *
- Ensure that your flower buckets are clean and disinfected.
- Fill the buckets with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water. If you have flower food follow the instructions on the packet to prepare your water.
- Remove flowers from box by cutting any straps.
- Remove any flower bunch packaging material, including plastic sleeve and/or newspaper.
- Cut stems diagonally under running water with sharp scissors to desired length.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared buckets.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate well. Flowers may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep flowers fresh. Assure that your flowers have sufficient water. The flowers will drink an exceptionally large amount of water upon arrival.
* If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your flowers, do not proceed processing your flowers. Leave the flowers intact in the box and call us immediately to 1.877 50 ROSES (507-6737).
Ensure that you have sufficient room in each bucket for the amount of flowers you will be storing in the bucket. Flowers need room to breath and bloom; over stuffing buckets with too many flowers, can cause damage as well as prevent proper blooming.
Exposing flowers to warm environments (outside in the shade, a warmer room, etc) will help the flowers to bloom, and storing your flowers in a cooler environment will slow down the blooming of your flowers.
Flowers wilt and fade prematurely because water is prevented from reaching the top blooms due to bacteria blockage in the stem. To minimize bacteria, keep your buckets and/or vases with clean fresh water.