- This Lady Slipper Orchid features burgundy blooms with possible brown undertones and darker accents. The amount and intensity of each tone may vary depending upon Mother Nature.
- Recommended delivery date is 1 to 2 days before your event. If your event is Saturday suggested delivery date is Thursday or Friday.
- Lady Slippers are available all year, but with limited availability. Please call us toll free at 1-877 50 ROSES (507-6737) prior to placing your order to discuss availability*
- Each stem has one bloom.
- Average bloom size is 2 to 2.5 inches in diameter.
- Average stem length is 3.5 inches.
- Lady Slipper Orchids are known for their inflated, pouch-like lips.
- Also known as moccasin flower, the lady slipper gets its name from its distinctive shape, resembling a moccasin or slipper.
- Orchids are shipped with water tubes to supply continuous hydration during shipping.
- Expected vase life is an average minimum of 8 days.
- Orchid flower meaning is love, beauty, refinement, beautiful lady, Chinese symbol for many children, thoughtful, maturity, or charm.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
- Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
- Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please refer to our Flower Care tab on this product page for a descriptive process on care and handling instructions.
*In the event that a substitution may be necessary to make certain that your flowers are delivered on time, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible even if this means substituting flowers of higher value. While we will always try to inform under these circumstances, flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you.
Bulk Orchids were shipped directly from our partner flower farms. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. Just follow these simple steps:
- Remove flowers from box by cutting any straps.
- Simply prop the flowers upright in the water tubes that they arrive in until you are ready to arrange your flowers.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- Every 24 hours or as needed, refresh the water to maximize the life and beauty of your flowers.
Lady Slipper Orchids are shipped in full bloom. There is no need to receive the flowers many days in advance for opening the flower. In addition, Lady Slipper Orchids have short stems. You may consider wiring them to fit in your bouquets and arrangements.
Orchids do not like refrigeration; it may damage them. Optimal temperature for your orchids is 18C or 65F. Anything cooler than this could potential be harmful and may damage the flowers.