- Peonies for delivery in June, July, August and September are shipped in an open cut stage for shipping. Recommended delivery date is 1 day before your event. If your event is Saturday suggested delivery date is Friday.
- Peonies for delivery in January-May and October-December are shipped in a closed cut stage for shipping. Recommended delivery date is 2 to 3 days before your event. If your event is Saturday suggested delivery date is Wednesday or Thursday. Once the peony is hydrated, the peony will begin to bloom and open to a much larger size.
- Peony seasons listed above may vary, and we may need to contact you to adjust your order accordingly. If you are interested in having peonies delivered near the beginning or end of the different season, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at 1-877-50 ROSES and we will be more than happy to assist you in selecting the ideal delivery date for your event.
- Each stem has one flower.
- Peonies are shipped with 5 stems per bunch and are bundled together by a rubber band.
- Peonies might be wrapped in an absorbent paper to protect the flower bud during shipping.
- Average bloom size is 2.5 to 4 inches in diameter.
- Average stem length is 20 inches.
- Expected vase life is an average minimum of 5 days.
- The meaning of Peony is happy life, happy marriage, good health, prosperity and it grants the recipient the power to keep a secret. It is the longest used flower over time and is the state flower of Indiana.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
- Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions*
- Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please refer to our Flower Care tab on this product page for a descriptive process on care and handling instructions.
*In the event that a substitution may be necessary to make certain that your flowers are delivered on time, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible even if this means substituting flowers of higher value. While we will always try to inform under these circumstances, flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you.
Peonies require individualized care. These gorgeous blooms are shipped from international and domestic farms and will arrive at different bloom stages from golf ball-like blooms to open. This is to be expected. Please follow the care tips below to ensure your shipment of peonies are perfect for your special day!
Golf Ball - If your peonies arrive in a tight, closed bloom: Prep containers with fresh, cool water. Remove all packaging and any bands holding the stems. Strip the stems free of excessive leaves to eliminate bacteria build up. With a pair of shears, cut two to three inches of the stems under running water and place in prepared water. Store the peonies in a cool, dark room. Refresh water every 24 hours.
Cracking to Blooming - If your peonies arrive opening: DO NOT process the flowers. Place the peonies on their side in a floral cooler or refrigerator free of any fruits and vegetables. The morning prior to your event, prep containers with fresh, cool water. Remove all packaging and any bands holding the stems. Strip the stems free of excessive leaves to eliminate bacteria build up. With a pair of shears, cut two to three inches of the stems under running water and place in prepared water. Store the flowers in a cool, dark room.
For additional assistance, please contact FiftyFlowers Customer Care at 1-877-507-6737.