Bulk flowers are shipped directly from our farms with no water tubes. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey, it is absolutely NORMAL. Just follow these simple steps and the flowers will bloom delightfully.
- Remove flowers from box by cutting any straps and also remove all paper and plastic packaging covering the stems of the flowers. Do not remove the rubber bands holding the flowers together. Leave these on for the first 4 hours, or if you wish, until you are ready to start arranging flowers.
- Fill containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water.
- Add floral food to prevent bacteria in the water and give added nutrients to the Novelty Daisy Flowers. If you do not have flower food, it can be purchased at any local florist.
- Remove any leaves that fall below the water line. Leaves will mold or rot and cause bacteria to form and shorten the flower life.
- Cut stems diagonally approximately a half an inch from the stem's bottom under running water with sharp scissors or knife.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared water.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate well. Flowers may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep flowers fresh. Assure that your flowers have sufficient water. The flowers will drink an exceptionally large amount of water upon arrival.
Remember that exposing flowers to warm environments (outside, a hot room..etc) will help the flowers to bloom, and storing your flowers in a cooler environment will slow down the opening process.