Recommended Delivery Date: 2 days before your event
Average Bloom Width: 4 to 6 inches
Average Stem Length: 12 to 16 inches
Symbolism: Hydrangeas are the symbol for perseverance and understanding. The word 'hydrangea' means water barrel.
- If your event is Saturday suggested delivery date is Thursday.
- Hydrangeas are available year-round.*
- Hydrangeas feature one focal bloom per stem.
- Hydrangeas need a constant water source and are shipped with water tubes on each stem.
- Airbrush tinting is a technique where a natural white hydrangea is spray-painted by hand. The concentration of the paint is stronger than intravenous, however it will not be a consistent shade. Some of the natural white may show through in spots for a variegated look. The spray paint may rub off a bit, use caution when processing and arranging (you may want to wear gloves and aprons to prevent stained hands and clothing). The flower tint may dye the water slightly if submerged, so please take this into consideration when making arrangements.
- Expected vase life is an average of 5 days with proper care and handling.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
*Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
+Your hydrangeas may arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please refer to our Flower Care tab on this product page for a descriptive process on care and handling instructions.
++In the event that a substitution may be necessary to make certain that your flowers are delivered on time, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible even if this means substituting flowers of higher value. While we will always try to inform under these circumstances, flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you.
Bulk Hydrangea flowers are shipped directly from our farms. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey, it is absolutely NORMAL. Just follow these simple steps and the flowers will bloom delightfully.
- Remove flowers from box by cutting any straps.
- Fill 2 containers one with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water and the other with warm water.
- Using sharp scissors or a knife under running water, cut the stems diagonally approximately an inch from each stem's bottom edge.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared warm water for approximately 5 seconds then place the flowers into the cool water.
- Remove any dark or fading petals. It is normal to find several unattractive dark or fading petals, all of which can be easily removed without damaging the Hydrangea.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat. Cooler temperatures will prolong the Hydrangea's vase life. You may choose to use a floral refrigerator, but it is not required.
- Allow your flowers at least 4 hours to properly hydrate before arranging.
- Change water and re-cut stems every 24 hours to keep flowers fresh. Assure that your flowers have sufficient water. The flowers will drink an exceptionally large amount of water upon arrival.
Unlike other hydrangeas, enhanced and airbrushed hydrangeas should not be placed under cool water in order to revive them. The dye will come off, resulting in a less colorful bloom.
Hydrangeas are also great for dried arrangements. To dry them, simply hang them upside down, preferably in a warm place for a few days. Hydrangeas may lose a little color in the process but the dried flowers will last for eight months or longer.