Recommended Delivery Date: 4 days before your event.
Average Bloom Width: 4 to 6 inches.
Average Stem Length: 25 to 30 inches.
Symbolism: Yellow lilies represent cheerfulness.
- If your event is Saturday suggested delivery date is Tuesday.
- This lily is available August through November. *
- Each stem has an average of 3 to 5 blooms.
- Lilies are shipped with 10 stems per bunch.
- The picture included of the flowers in a vase is one bunch.
- Pollen may cause allergic reactions. It is advised to remove the anthers off of the stalk. This process may stain hands and garments.
- The photos included show the day-to-day opening process. The natural progression of blossoming varies with each bloom.
- If your desired delivery date is not available, please contact customer care to arrange a possible rush delivery.
- Expected vase life is an average of 8 days with proper care and handling.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
* Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
+ Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please refer to our Flower Care tab on this product page for a descriptive process on care and handling instructions.
++ In the event that a substitution may be necessary to make certain that your flowers are delivered on time, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible even if this means substituting flowers of higher value. While we will always try to inform under these circumstances, flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you.
FiftyFlowers uses FedEx or UPS for priority overnight delivery service. All deliveries should arrive by 5 pm on your chosen delivery date. Exact delivery times will depend on the service available to your address. Please contact FedEx or UPS to inquire about the guaranteed delivery time for your zip code.
- Deliveries are available Tuesday through Friday. For an additional fee, Saturday delivery is available.
- The day before each item's selected delivery date, you will receive an automatically generated tracking number to track your package(s) online at www.FedEx.com or www.UPS.com. You may also obtain your tracking number online by signing into your FiftyFlowers.com account.
- FedEx or UPS requires a signature at the time of delivery. Please arrange to have someone at your requested delivery location to accept packages. In the event no one is available, please leave a note where the driver will see it and instruct them that no signature is required. Include your name and signature on the note. These instructions release the shipper from responsibility if packages are stolen or contents ruined once they leave the package unattended. A note does not guarantee delivery. It is at the delivery driver's discretion to comply with the request, and in some instances such as with international orders, a signature is required without exception. If you miss your delivery, use your tracking information and contact FedEx at 800-GO-FEDEX or UPS at 800-782-7892 directly to reschedule.
- FedEx and UPS require a valid and working telephone number on all orders.
- Review your shipping address carefully. Incorrect delivery addresses will incur a $20 fee for changes or redirects once the package is en route, and is the recipient's obligation to cover this fee. FiftyFlowers is not responsible for any issues resulting from incorrect delivery information provided. Please note: changes and redirects may not be feasible as the delivery date approaches, especially once a tracking number is assigned.
- FiftyFlowers is not responsible for packages received before or after the specified delivery date, that are lost, stolen or damaged once in the hands of the carrier. In the event your package is delayed, please contact FedEx/UPS directly.
- Shipments to Hawaii and Alaska will incur an additional $45 per box surcharge.
- Shipments to Canada incur a 40% surcharge. This charge will cover out of country shipping fees, the cost of import duties, as well as the processing and filing of these duties on your behalf.
- Shipments to Puerto Rico are possible; however, orders for Puerto Rico must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the complete shipping address, items requested, and their quantities. Within 24 hours, a customer service representative will contact you to provide a purchase quote and obtain payment information.
Bulk Lily flowers are shipped directly from our farms with no water tubes. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. It is absolutely NORMAL if your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey. Just follow these simple steps and your flowers will remain beautiful.
- Remove flowers from box by cutting any straps and also remove all paper and plastic packaging.
- Fill your container with fresh, lukewarm water to the desired level and optionally add floral preservative.
- Remove all leaves that fall below the water line.
- Cut stems diagonally approximately one inch from bottom under running warm water with sharp scissors or knife.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared container.
- Allow your flowers 24 hours to properly hydrate before arranging.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- Every 24 hours, be sure to re-cut the stems repeating the steps above to maximize the life and beauty of your flowers.
Lilies are sensitive to ethylene gas. Place lilies away from fruit and vegetables to prevent premature wilting.
IMPORTANT: Lilies have two parts to their stamen: the stalk and the anther. It is important for you to gently pull off the anthers from the stalk as the flower is opening. Anthers contain pollen that can cause allergic reactions. Use precaution as you remove the pollen as it may temporarily stain hands and garments. If pollen stains the bloom, remove with a pipe cleaner. If pollen stains your clothing, remove with sticky tape.
TO OPEN YOUR LILIES:
Remove all leaves that touch the water to prevent bacteria from growing in your flower buckets. Cut the stems diagonally to the desired length. Place the cut flowers into 4-6 inches of warm water in a clean bucket. As the bloom opens, remove the anthers from the center of the bloom. After your Lilies have been in water for approximately one day, the blooms are ready to start flowering. In the event that the blooms are not opening quickly enough for your event, follow Tip #1 and then Tip #2.
Tip #1 Carefully pry open the very tip of the flower bloom, by lightly splitting the tips open. Do not apply too much pressure to prevent bruising. Once you have achieved opening the tip the slightest amount, place your lilies in a warm environment overnight.
Tip #2 If flowers have a very closed bloom, you can place plastic bags over the blooms and set them in a warm bathroom and start a steaming shower. The enclosed heat will provoke the flower to bloom.