Recommended Delivery Date: 3 days before your event
Average Stem Length: 26 inches
Bud Width: 1/2 an inch
Symbolism: Wax flower represents riches and a sign of lasting love and patience.
- If your event is Saturday suggested delivery date is Wednesday.
- Wax Flowers are available in January through April.
- Coverage of pine like folliage
- Each stem has a spray of several small blooms.
- Wax flowers are shipped in grower's bunches; these are handful-sized bunches that average 12 to 18 stems.
- Expected vase life is an average of 5 days.
- Wax Flowers will shed and this is to be expected. You may find blooms in the box that have fallen off during shipping and they may continue to shed during processing, do not be alarmed. There will still be plenty of adorable blooms remaining!
- Wax flowers have woody stems that may be difficult to cut.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
*Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
*Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please refer to our Flower Care tab on this product page for a descriptive process on care and handling instructions.
*In the event that a substitution may be necessary to make certain that your flowers are delivered on time, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible even if this means substituting flowers of higher value. While we will always try to inform under these circumstances, flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you.
FiftyFlowers uses FedEx or UPS for priority overnight delivery service. All deliveries should arrive by 5 pm on your chosen delivery date. Exact delivery times will depend on the service available to your address. Please contact FedEx or UPS to inquire about the guaranteed delivery time for your zip code.
- Deliveries are available Tuesday through Friday. For an additional fee, Saturday delivery is available.
- The day before each item's selected delivery date, you will receive an automatically generated tracking number to track your package(s) online at www.FedEx.com or www.UPS.com. You may also obtain your tracking number online by signing into your FiftyFlowers.com account.
- FedEx or UPS requires a signature at the time of delivery. Please arrange to have someone at your requested delivery location to accept packages. In the event no one is available, please leave a note where the driver will see it and instruct them that no signature is required. Include your name and signature on the note. These instructions release the shipper from responsibility if packages are stolen or contents ruined once they leave the package unattended. A note does not guarantee delivery. It is at the delivery driver's discretion to comply with the request, and in some instances such as with international orders, a signature is required without exception. If you miss your delivery, use your tracking information and contact FedEx at 800-GO-FEDEX or UPS at 800-782-7892 directly to reschedule.
- FedEx and UPS require a valid and working telephone number on all orders.
- Review your shipping address carefully. Incorrect delivery addresses will incur a $20 fee for changes or redirects once the package is en route, and is the recipient's obligation to cover this fee. FiftyFlowers is not responsible for any issues resulting from incorrect delivery information provided. Please note: changes and redirects may not be feasible as the delivery date approaches, especially once a tracking number is assigned.
- FiftyFlowers is not responsible for packages received before or after the specified delivery date, are lost, stolen or damaged once in the hands of the carrier. In the event your package is delayed, please contact FedEx/UPS directly.
- Shipments to Hawaii and Alaska will incur an additional $45 per box surcharge.
- Shipments to Canada incur a 40% surcharge. This charge will cover out of country shipping fees, the cost of import duties, as well as the processing and filing of these duties on your behalf.
- Shipments to Puerto Rico are possible; however, orders for Puerto Rico must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the complete shipping address, items requested, and their quantities. Within 24 hours, a customer service representatives will contact you to provide a purchase quote and obtain payment information.
Wax flowers are shipped directly from our farms to your doorstep. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for shipment with normal hydration methods.
If your flowers appear sleepy, are shedding and/or thirsty after their journey it is absolutely NORMAL. Follow these steps and the flowers will bloom delightfully!
- Upon arrival, begin to inspect your flowers. Wax flower has a tendency to shed it is completely normal and expected. Cut away any plastic straps securing the flowers down into the box.
- Remove the wax flowers from the box and place on a table or flat workspace where you have plenty of room to work. If there is a handful or two of blooms in the box when you take the flowers out, this is perfectly normal.
- Using scissors or a sharp knife, cut away any plastic wrapping or rubber bands that may secure the bunches together. Some bunches may come with plastic sleeves while others may not.
- Make sure you have buckets that are clean and disinfected so that the flowers will have a healthy water. Fill the buckets with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water. Add in one cap full of Full Bloom or packet of flower food.
- Take off any foliage from the flowers that is below the waterline, as well as any lateral stems or foliage that is more than halfway down the stem.
- Start running water in a sink. Take one of the wax flowers and place the stem under the running water. Using your scissors or sharp knife, cut the stem at a 45 degree angle, about two inches up from the bottom. The angle will keep your flowers from resting flat against the bottom of the bucket, blocking water intake up the stems.
- Waxflower has a very woody stem, so it may be difficult to cut. Be careful cutting; do not try to force the stem to cut if it does not work with scissors or knives. If they do not, use sheers or gardening tools to make the process easier.
- Once you cut the stem, immediately place into your prepared water.
- When you are placing the wax flowers into the buckets, be careful not to overcrowd. Flowers need room to breathe. Overcrowding in a single bucket can damage blooms, break stems, cause bacteria outbreaks – ultimately compromising the quality of your flowers.
- Store your wax flowers in a cool, dark area away from direct sunlight, drafts, or excessive temperatures. Around 50 degrees Fahrenheit is ideal. The flowers will start to perk up quickly, but will not be fully hydrated until they have been in water for 4 to 12 hours. Do not start arranging until they are fully hydrated.
- Change the water every 24-48 hours. This will help keep the flowers at their best quality and constantly healthy for your event. Using a clean, fresh vase, fill again with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water. Recut the stems and replace.
Keep in mind the tendency for wax flowers to shed when you arrange and set up for your event.
* If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your flowers, do not proceed processing your flowers. Leave the flowers intact in the box and call us immediately to 1.877 50 ROSES (507-6737).