Recommended Delivery Date: 4 days before your event
Average Bloom Size: Bottom blooms are 3 to 4 inches across, upper blooms will be smaller
Average Stem Length: Total height will range from 16 to 22 inches
Symbolism: Orchids symbolize love, beauty and refinement
- If your event is Saturday suggested delivery day is Tuesday.
- Potted Orchids are available year round*
- These are living orchids that have been planted in special soil and come with orchid bark.
- Orchid Plants come in plastic containers that are intended for permanent use with ornamental pots.
- Suggested ornamental pot size is 6 inches tall and 5.5 inches wide.
- Each orchid plant will have two stems with budding flowers.
- Each stem of this potted orchid will have a maximum of 3 flowers in full bloom towards the bottom of one stem. These blooms are the first to open and will be the brightest and most colorful. The blooms on the tips of the stems will be smaller and may have a color variation. The second stem may not arrive with any bloomed flowers.
- Potted orchids will live as long as they are properly cared for; the blooms can thrive for weeks, but will eventually begin to fall off. Once the orchid flowers mature, it is possible to regrow flowers. Please refer to the American Orchid Society (www.aos.org) for detailed instructions.
- Using potted orchids at your wedding will make a lovely statement, and they can be used as wedding favors for your guests!
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
**Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
**In the event that a substitution may be necessary to make certain that your flowers are delivered on time, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible even if this means substituting flowers of higher value. While we will always try to inform under these circumstances, flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you.
The American Orchid Society provides very thorough orchid care advice, please refer to their website (www.aos.org) for detailed instructions. For now, please review our quick care tips for how to initially care for your new potted orchid plants.
- When you receive your orchids, carefully liberate the plants from the box and gently remove any plastic, rubber bands, or packing materials.
- Do not remove the plant from the plastic potting basket. Simply drop this basket in your decorative pot (not included).
- Place your orchid away from direct sunlight and/or drafts.
- Trim off any aerial roots (roots that hang outside of the pot)
- Water your plant about once a week, it is best to water these orchids in morning using tepid water (Do not use salt-softened or distilled water), ensure the water drains completely. If there is any standing water left, use a paper towel to blot the excess water.
- Ideally, the temperatures should be above 60º F at night and between 70º F and 80º F during the day. Do not allow the temperature to exceed 95º F degrees.