Recommended Delivery Date: 2 days before your event
Average Stem Length: 20 to 27 inches
Symbolism: Lilacs represent the beginning of Spring
- If your event is Saturday suggested delivery date is Thursday.
- Lilacs have a seasonal availability from January through mid-May.*
- Premium Lilacs will have two heads per stem with a cluster of many smaller blooms in each head.
- Lilac may have strong fragrance, however, some commercially grown Lilac has little to no fragrance. There is no guarantee on strength of scent.
- Lilac is extremely delicate. FiftyFlowers recommends Lilac to Floral Professional customers only.
- Expected vase life is an average of 3 days with proper care and handling.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
*Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
+Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please refer to our Flower Care tab on this product page for a descriptive process on care and handling instructions.
++In the event that a substitution may be necessary to make certain that your flowers are delivered on time, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible even if this means substituting flowers of higher value. While we will always try to inform under these circumstances, flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you.
Bulk Lilac flowers are shipped directly from our farms. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey, it is absolutely NORMAL. Just follow these simple steps and the flowers will bloom delightfully.
- Remove flowers from box by cutting any straps. Do not remove the rubber bands holding the flowers together in a bunch.
- Fill containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water.
- Add floral food to prevent bacteria from growing in the water and to give added nutrients to the Lilac flowers.
- Remove any leaves that fall below the water line. Leaves will mold or rot and cause bacteria to form and shorten the flower's life.
- Using sharp scissors or a knife, cut the stems under running water diagonally approximately one inch from each stem's bottom edge.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared water.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate well. Lilac flowers may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate.
- Stems may need to be recut on the second day.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- Change water every 24 to 48 hours or when the water becomes cloudy to keep flowers fresh. Assure that your Lilac flowers have sufficient water. The flowers will drink an exceptionally large amount of water upon arrival.
Remember that exposing flowers to warm environments (outside, a hot room, etc) will help the flowers to bloom, and storing your Lilac flowers in a cooler environment will slow down the opening process.