Recommended Delivery Date: 4 days before your event
Average Bloom Size: Bottom blooms are 3 to 4 inches across, upper blooms will be smaller
Average Stem Length: Total height will range from 16 to 22 inches
Symbolism: Orchids symbolize love, beauty and refinement
- If your event is Saturday suggested delivery day is Tuesday.
- Potted Orchids are available year round*
- These are living orchids that have been planted in special soil and come with orchid bark.
- Orchid Plants come in plastic containers that are intended for permanent use with ornamental pots.
- Suggested ornamental pot size is 6 inches tall and 5.5 inches wide.
- Each orchid plant will have two stems with budding flowers.
- Each stem of this potted orchid will have a maximum of 3 flowers in full bloom towards the bottom of one stem. These blooms are the first to open and will be the brightest and most colorful. The blooms on the tips of the stems will be smaller and may have a color variation. The second stem may not arrive with any bloomed flowers.
- Potted orchids will live as long as they are properly cared for; the blooms can thrive for weeks, but will eventually begin to fall off. Once the orchid flowers mature, it is possible to regrow flowers. Please refer to the American Orchid Society (www.aos.org) for detailed instructions.
- Using potted orchids at your wedding will make a lovely statement, and they can be used as wedding favors for your guests!
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
**Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
**In the event that a substitution may be necessary to make certain that your flowers are delivered on time, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible even if this means substituting flowers of higher value. While we will always try to inform under these circumstances, flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you.
FiftyFlowers uses FedEx or UPS for priority overnight delivery service. All deliveries should arrive by 5 pm on your chosen delivery date. Exact delivery times will depend on the service available to your address. Please contact FedEx or UPS to inquire about the guaranteed delivery time for your zip code.
- Deliveries are available Tuesday through Friday. For an additional fee, Saturday delivery is available.
- The day before each item's selected delivery date, you will receive an automatically generated tracking number to track your package(s) online at www.FedEx.com or www.UPS.com. You may also obtain your tracking number online by signing into your FiftyFlowers.com account.
- FedEx or UPS requires a signature at the time of delivery. Please arrange to have someone at your requested delivery location to accept packages. In the event no one is available, please leave a note where the driver will see it and instruct them that no signature is required. Include your name and signature on the note. These instructions release the shipper from responsibility if packages are stolen or contents ruined once they leave the package unattended. A note does not guarantee delivery. It is at the delivery driver's discretion to comply with the request, and in some instances such as with international orders, a signature is required without exception. If you miss your delivery, use your tracking information and contact FedEx at 800-GO-FEDEX or UPS at 800-782-7892 directly to reschedule.
- FedEx and UPS require a valid and working telephone number on all orders.
- Review your shipping address carefully. Incorrect delivery addresses will incur a $20 fee for changes or redirects once the package is en route, and is the recipient's obligation to cover this fee. FiftyFlowers is not responsible for any issues resulting from incorrect delivery information provided. Please note: changes and redirects may not be feasible as the delivery date approaches, especially once a tracking number is assigned.
- FiftyFlowers is not responsible for packages received before or after the specified delivery date, that are lost, stolen or damaged once in the hands of the carrier. In the event your package is delayed, please contact FedEx/UPS directly.
- Shipments to Hawaii and Alaska will incur an additional $45 per box surcharge.
- Shipments to Canada incur a 40% surcharge. This charge will cover out of country shipping fees, the cost of import duties, as well as the processing and filing of these duties on your behalf.
- Shipments to Puerto Rico are possible; however, orders for Puerto Rico must be emailed to email@example.com with the complete shipping address, items requested, and their quantities. Within 24 hours, a customer service representative will contact you to provide a purchase quote and obtain payment information.
The American Orchid Society provides very thorough orchid care advice, please refer to their website (www.aos.org) for detailed instructions. For now, please review our quick care tips for how to initially care for your new potted orchid plants.
- When you receive your orchids, carefully liberate the plants from the box and gently remove any plastic, rubber bands, or packing materials.
- Do not remove the plant from the plastic potting basket. Simply drop this basket in your decorative pot (not included).
- Place your orchid away from direct sunlight and/or drafts.
- Trim off any aerial roots (roots that hang outside of the pot)
- Water your plant about once a week, it is best to water these orchids in morning using tepid water (Do not use salt-softened or distilled water), ensure the water drains completely. If there is any standing water left, use a paper towel to blot the excess water.
- Ideally, the temperatures should be above 60º F at night and between 70º F and 80º F during the day. Do not allow the temperature to exceed 95º F degrees.