- Recommended delivery date is 2 days before your event. If your event is Saturday suggested delivery date is Thursday.
- Dendrobium Orchids are available year round*
- When ordering the 70 stems package, please allow for 5 business days to arrange for delivery. In the event that you order this product our shopping cart will allow for an earlier delivery date; however, we will contact you to schedule delivery for a later date and/or switch to one of the other packages.
- Dendrobium Orchids have an average of 4 to 8 blooms per stem. The average number of bloom per stem varies with stem length.
- This variety of orchid is intravenously tinted and does not occur naturally. The tint will not rub off of the petals; however the color may seep where stems are cut or leaves are torn from the stem, especially when wet. This product may temporarily stain hands, so while handling wear gloves. May stain clothing.
- The color of this tinted orchid may vary to some degree. All flowers react differently to tints. Some petals may not absorb the tint 100% and some petals may be darker than others. Some blooms may have spots of tint on the petals.
- Average bloom size is 1 to 2 inches in diameter.
- The sizes indicated in Product Options do not specify the size of the flower but rather the average stem length of the flower.
- Orchids are shipped with water tubes to supply continuous hydration during shipping.
- Expected vase life is an average minimum of 8 days.
- Orchid flower meaning is love, beauty, refinement, beautiful lady, Chinese symbol for many children, thoughtful, maturity, or charm. Dendrobium Orchids are named from the Greek words 'Dendron' meaning tree and 'bios' meaning life. Dendrobium Orchids are the floral emblem of Queensland, Australia and one of the national flowers of North Korea.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
- Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
- Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please refer to our Flower Care tab on this product page for a descriptive process on care and handling instructions.
*In the event that a substitution may be necessary to make certain that your flowers are delivered on time, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible even if this means substituting flowers of higher value. While we will always try to inform under these circumstances, flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you.
This flower is intravenously tinted using a white flower as the base. Our post harvest team will place the bottom of the stem into concentrated dyed water. This allows the flower stem to “drink up” the colored water tinting the bloom to the desired color. The tint will not rub off from the surface of the petals. However, the color may seep from: where stems are cut, leaves are removed from the stem, or flower petals that are torn especially when wet. This may temporarily stains hands, so wear gloves when processing and designing with these blooms. This dye most likely will stain clothing.
The color of this tinted flower may vary to some degree. Flowers can react differently to tints. Some petals may not absorb the tint 100% and the color may be darker on some petals than on others. The color may also appear stronger when the flower first arrives, and will most likely lessen in intensity after it is fully bloomed. The tinted color will bleed into the water and change the water color. Please take this in consideration when making your arrangements.
Bulk Orchids are shipped directly from our partner flower farms. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. Just follow these simple steps:
- Remove flowers from box. If your Orchids do not arrive in water tubes, go directly to step 2. If your Orchids arrive with water tubes, simply check to make sure the water tubes contain water then prop them upright with the tubes attached. There is no immediate need to cut and put them in water. When you are ready to make your arrangements, then move onto step 2. However, keep an eye on the water level inside the tubes. You may need to fill them with water as needed.
- Fill a container with fresh, cool water to the desired level.
- Cut stems diagonally approximately one inch from bottom under running water with sharp scissors or knife. Wear gloves while preparing the flowers, as the tint may seep from the stem and temporarily stain hands and/or clothing.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared container.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- Blooms toward the bottom of the stem are older than blooms near the top of the stem. It is normal for the bottom blooms to die sooner. Simply remove any dying blooms daily.
- Every 24 hours, re-cut the stems repeating the steps above to maximize the life and beauty of your flowers. Expect for the water color to change because of the tint. This is normal. Simply change water as directed to keep flowers fresh.
Orchids are shipped in full bloom. There is no need to receive the flowers many days in advance for blooming purposes. If you like, you can leave your Orchids standing upright with the stems in the water tubes until you are ready to design the flowers.
Orchids do not like refrigeration; it may damage them. Optimal temperature for your orchids is 18C or 65F. Anything cooler than this could potential be harmful and may damage the flowers.