Recommended delivery date: 2 days before your event
Seasonal Availability: Available year around.
Stem Length: Average of 22 inches
Bloom Size: Average of 2 to 3 inches across
Expected Vase Life: Average of 5 days
Symbolic Meaning: Tulips are considered the heralds of Spring, and represent health, fertility and eternal life.
- If your event is Saturday suggested delivery date is Thursday.
- If your desired delivery date is unavailable, please contact customer care.
- Each stem has one flower.
- Tulips are shipped with 10 stems per bunch.
- Your Tulips will arrive closed, but once placed in water, the bloom and stem will continue to open and grow substantially.
- Tulips are phototropic, meaning that the blooms will follow the light. If possible, try to place the flowers directly under the light so that the flowers stand straight.
- Tulips have a natural bend. Please refer to the Flower Care tab for detailed care instructions.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
- Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
- Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please refer to our Flower Care tab on this product page for a descriptive process on care and handling instructions.
What’s the difference between the types of tulips?
- Standard Tulips have an average minimum bloom size of 1 inch, and an average stem length of 10 to 12 inches.
- French Tulips have an average minimum bloom size of 2 to 3 inches, and an average stem length of 22 inches.
- Novelty Tulips have an average minimum bloom size of 2 to 3 inches, and an average stem length of 12 to 16 inches.
- Peony Tulips have an average minimum bloom size of 3 inches, and an average stem length of 22 inches.
*In the event that a substitution may be necessary to make certain that your flowers are delivered on time, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible even if this means substituting flowers of higher value. While we will always try to inform under these circumstances, flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you.
Bulk Tulips are shipped directly from our farms. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey, it is absolutely NORMAL. The ideal date to have your Tulips delivered is 1 to 2 days prior to your event. If you choose to receive them with more days anticipation, please dry store them in a flower refrigerator until two days before the event. Two days prior to your event, just follow these simple steps and the flowers will bloom delightfully.
- Remove flowers from box by cutting any straps. Do not remove the rubber bands holding the flowers together in a bunch.
- Fill containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water.
- Cut bottom of stems diagonally approximately at least and inch from bottom under running water with sharp scissors or knife. This will create a fresh surface to absorb water.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared water. Please note that your Tulips will continue to grow for about a day after they have been put in water.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate well. Your tulips will continue to grow once placed in water. It is best to wait at least 8 hours before arranging.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- Place Tulips in a place with even light, or rotate frequently as Tulips will turn to face the light.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep flowers fresh. This will keep the water from becoming contaminated with bacteria that blocks the flower's availability to absorb water. Assure that your flowers have sufficient water. The flowers will drink an exceptionally large amount of water upon arrival.
Your tulips will arrived closed, but once placed in water the stem will continue to grow and the head will bloom substantially. Tulips also have a natural bend. If Tulip stems are slightly bowed, trim stem tips and roll the Tulips in newspaper with the paper extending above the flower tops, but not covering the lower third of the stems. Place them upright in water with a source of light directly above them. Tulip heads naturally follow the light, so placing a light directly above them will help to straighten a bent stem.
Remember that exposing flowers to warm environments (outside, a hot room, etc) will help the flowers to bloom, and storing your Tulip flowers in a cooler environment will slow down the opening process.
Tulips are sensitive to ethylene (which comes from fresh vegetables and fruits, especially bananas) which makes them open faster, but also age faster. Depending on your preference, place them away from or near fresh fruit and vegetables. Do not put Tulips close to a television.