Recommended delivery date: 2 days before your event.
Average Bloom Size: 1 inch across with a height of 2 to 3 inches
Average Stem Length: 10 to 12 inches
Symbolic Meaning: Heralds of Spring, health, fertility and eternal life.
- If your event is Saturday suggested delivery day is Thursday.
- This Product is available for delivery February 6 to February 14th.
- Our Valentine's Love Tulip Special features a mix of red and white standard tulips.
- Tulips are shipped with 10 stems per bunch.
- Tulips have one bloom per stem.
- Your Tulips will arrive closed, but once placed in water, the bloom and stem will continue to open and grow substantially.
- Tulips are phototropic, meaning that the blooms will follow the light. If possible, try to place the flowers directly under the light so that the flowers stand straight.
- Tulips have a natural bend. Please refer to the Flower Care tab for detailed care instructions.
- Expected vase life is an average of 5 days with proper care and handling.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
*Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
+Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please refer to our Flower Care tab on this product page for a descriptive process on care and handling instructions.
++In the event that a substitution may be necessary, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible. While we will always try to reach you if this situation arises, occasionally time will not allow for this, and flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you. In the case of centerpieces, flowers within the same color palette will be used if possible, even if this means substituting other kinds of flowers of equal or higher value.
**Returns will only be accepted if flowers arrive in poor condition. Returns will not be accepted for circumstances resulting from negligence.
Bulk flowers are shipped directly from our farms to your doorstep. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey, it is absolutely NORMAL. Follow these simple steps to ensure your flowers have the proper care.
-Tulips are sensitive to ethylene (which comes from fresh vegetables and fruits, especially bananas) which makes them open faster, but also age faster. Depending on your preference, place them away from or near fresh fruit and vegetables. Do not put Tulips close to a television.
-Your tulips will arrived closed, but once placed in water the stem will continue to grow and the head will bloom substantially. Tulips also have a natural bend. If Tulip stems are slightly bowed, trim stem tips and roll the Tulips in newspaper with the paper extending above the flower tops, but not covering the lower third of the stems. Place them upright in water with a source of light directly above them. Tulip heads naturally follow the light, so placing a light directly above them will help to straighten a bent stem.
- When your boxes arrive, it is important to get your flowers in water as quickly as possible. Open your boxes and remove any protective packaging, such as foam or paper.
- Inspect you flowers.*
- Gather buckets or containers to hold the flowers. Ensure that your buckets or containers are very clean. We recommned rinsing them with warm water.
- Fill containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water. If flower food is available, follow the package directions for adding it to the water.
- Cut any straps and remove flowers from the box. Remove the rubber bands or plastic sleeves securing flower bunches together.
- Remove any foliage that would fall below the waterline. Foliage below the waterline may cause bacteria to form, shortening the life of your flowers.
- Using sharp, clean flower shears or scissors, cut stems diagonally under cool running water. Cut about an inch off of each stem.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared water. Please note that your tulips will continue to grow for about a day after they have been put in water.
- Ensure that you have sufficient room in each bucket for the amount of stems you will be storing. Do not overcrowd your containers. Overcrowding may damage stems and blooms and effect the blooming process.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate well. Your tulips will continue to grow once placed in water. It is best to wait at least 8 hours before arranging. Periodically check the water levels, flowers drink alot of water when they first arrive and the water may need to be refilled.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or extreme temperatures.
- Place tulips in a place with even light, or rotate frequently as tulips will turn to face the light.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep flowers fresh.
*If upon first inspection, you forsee a problem with your flowers, do not proceed processing your order. Leave teh flowers intact in th ebox and call us immediately at 10877-50 ROSES (507-6737).