Veronica flowers are shipped directly from our farms with no water tubes. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey, or if they have shedded and continue to shed, it is absolutely NORMAL. Just follow these simple steps and your flowers will bloom delightfully.
- Remove flowers from box by cutting any straps and also remove all paper and plastic packaging covering the stems of the flowers.
- Fill containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water.
- Cut stems diagonally approximately a half an inch from bottom under running water with sharp scissors or knife.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared water.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate well. The Veronica bloom has a natural droop. Even when fully hydrated, the bloom may have a slight bend, like a foxtail.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- To keep your flowers fresh, be sure to change the water every 12 to 24 hours. Assure that your flowers have sufficient water. Veronica flowers will drink an exceptionally large amount of water upon arrival.
It is normal for the Veronica to shed upon arrival.