Recommended delivery date is 4 days before your event.
- If your event is Saturday suggested delivery date is Tuesday.
- Average Bloom Width: 9 inches
- Average Stem Length: 14 inches
- Scent: strong
- Each stem has an average of 3 blooms that open and some that do not open.
- Asiatic Lilies have blooms that face upward from the center.
- Hybrid Lilies have blooms that face outward from the center.
- Oriental Lilies have very fragrant blooms that are 6'' to 8'' across when they are fully bloomed.
- Oriental Trumpet Lilies are a type of Oriental Lily with blooms that face nearly 90 degrees outward from the center.
- Lilies are shipped with 10 stems per bunch and are bundled together by a rubber band.
- Expected vase life is an average minimum of 8 days. Life expectancy will depend on the temperature.
- Cooler temperatures will result in a longer vase life.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
*Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
+Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please refer to our Flower Care tab on this product page for a descriptive process on care and handling instructions.
++In the event that a substitution may be necessary to make certain that your flowers are delivered on time, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible even if this means substituting flowers of higher value. While we will always try to inform under these circumstances, flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you.
FiftyFlowers uses FedEx or UPS for priority overnight delivery service. All deliveries should arrive by 5 pm on your chosen delivery date. Exact delivery times will depend on the service available to your address. Please contact FedEx or UPS to inquire about the guaranteed delivery time for your zip code.
- Deliveries are available Tuesday through Friday. For an additional fee, Saturday delivery is available.
- The day before each item's selected delivery date, you will receive an automatically generated tracking number to track your package(s) online at www.FedEx.com or www.UPS.com. You may also obtain your tracking number online by signing into your FiftyFlowers.com account.
- FedEx or UPS requires a signature at the time of delivery. Please arrange to have someone at your requested delivery location to accept packages. In the event no one is available, please leave a note where the driver will see it and instruct them that no signature is required. Include your name and signature on the note. These instructions release the shipper from responsibility if packages are stolen or contents ruined once they leave the package unattended. A note does not guarantee delivery. It is at the delivery driver's discretion to comply with the request, and in some instances such as with international orders, a signature is required without exception. If you miss your delivery, use your tracking information and contact FedEx at 800-GO-FEDEX or UPS at 800-782-7892 directly to reschedule.
- FedEx and UPS require a valid and working telephone number on all orders.
- Review your shipping address carefully. Incorrect delivery addresses will incur a $20 fee for changes or redirects once the package is en route, and is the recipient's obligation to cover this fee. FiftyFlowers is not responsible for any issues resulting from incorrect delivery information provided. Please note: changes and redirects may not be feasible as the delivery date approaches, especially once a tracking number is assigned.
- FiftyFlowers is not responsible for packages received before or after the specified delivery date, that are lost, stolen or damaged once in the hands of the carrier. In the event your package is delayed, please contact FedEx/UPS directly.
- Shipments to Hawaii and Alaska will incur an additional $45 per box surcharge.
- We do not ship to Canada or Puerto Rico.
Bulk Lily flowers are shipped directly from our farms to your doorstep. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for their journey with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey it is absolutely NORMAL. Follow these simple steps to ensure your flowers have the proper care.
Lilies are sensitive to ethylene gas which comes from fresh vegetables and fruits, especially bananas. Place Lilies away from fruit and vegetables.
When your boxes arrive, it is important that you get your flowers in water as quickly as possible. Open your boxes and remove any protective packaging, such as foam or paper.
Inspect your flowers.*
Gather buckets or containers to hold the flowers. Ensure your buckets or containers are very clean. We recommend rinsing them with warm water to ensure your flowers stay as healthy as possible.
Fill the containers with at least 4 inches of fresh, lukewarm water. If flower food is available, follow the package directions for adding it to the water.
Cut away any straps securing the flowers to the box and remove your flowers.
Remove any rubber bands or plastic sleeves securing flower bunches together.
Trim any foliage that would be below the waterline. You may also want to trim more of the foliage; the less foliage, the more water gets the the bloom.
Using sharp flower shears or scissors, cut stems diagonally under cool, running water. Cut about an inch off of each stem.
Immediately after cutting the stem, place the flower in the prepared water.
Continue this process until all of your flowers are in water. Do not overcrowd your containers.
Store flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts, and excessive heat as well.
Let your flowers hydrate before arranging them. Allow flowers at least 12 hours to hydrate, flowers may take up to 24 hours to properly hydrate. Periodically check the water level. Flowers drink a lot of water when they first arrive, so it will likely need to be refilled.
Change the water for your flowers ever 24-48 hours to ensure they stay healthy and happy. Re-cut the stems when giving them fresh water.
*If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your flowers, do not proceed processing your order. Leave the flowers intact in the box and call us immediately at 1-877-50 ROSES (507-6737)
Lilies have two parts to their stamen: the stalk and the anther. It is important for you to gently pull off the anthers from the stalk as the flower is opening. If the anthers stay attached to the stalk, a yellow or brown pollen will form. This pollen will stain everything it touches. It will stain your hands, the flower, and clothing. If pollen stains the bloom, remove with a pipe cleaner. If pollen stains your clothing, remove with sticky tape (DO NOT APPLY WATER)
How to help your lilies bloom:
Remove any extra foliage, but leave those leaves which you will want to incorporate into your arrangements in tact on the stem. Cut the stems diagonally to the desired length. Place the cut flowers into 5-7 inches of warm water in a clean bucket. As the bloom opens, remove the pollen covered anthers from the center of the bloom and drop them into the water (some professional florists swear by this tip). After your Lilies have been in water for approximately 1 day, the blooms are ready to start flowering. In the event that you would like to speed up the blooming process, proceed to Tips 1 and 2.
Tip #1 Carefully pry open the very tip of the flower bloom, by lightly splitting the tips open. You might hear a noise when doing this, which is natural. Take care not to apply too much pressure which can bruise the body of the bloom. Once you have achieved opening the tip the slightest amount, place your lilies in a warm environment overnight and the blooms should pop open.
Tip #2 If flowers have a very closed bloom, you can place plastic bags over the blooms and set them in a warm bathroom and start a steaming shower. The enclosed heat will encourage the flowers to bloom.