Recommended Delivery Date: 2 days before your event
Average Bloom Height: 4 to 6 inches
Average Stem Length: 12 to 15 inches
Symbolism: Astilbe flower represents patience and devotion to a long distance love.
- If your event is Saturday suggested delivery date is Thursday.
- Astilbe is a seasonal product; this variety is typically available April through January.
- Astilbe Flowers are shipped with 10 stems per bunch.
- Astilbe feature one bloom per stem with mulitple blooming laterals.
- Each stem features a delicate arrow shape of branching stems with small flowers that shed over time and will have dark green, glossy foliage.
- Astilbe is also known as False Spirea, False Goat's Beard, or Feather Flower.
- The stems can feature natural curves.
- Expected vase life is an average of 5 days with proper care and handling.
- Since flowers are a product of Mother Nature and due to variation in monitor resolutions, the exact color tones of this flower may vary to some degree.
*Package contents and prices are based on availability and are subject to change due to weather and market conditions.
+Your flowers will arrive looking thirsty and sleepy. This is absolutely NORMAL. Please refer to our Flower Care tab on this product page for a descriptive process on care and handling instructions.
++In the event that a substitution may be necessary to make certain that your flowers are delivered on time, we take the utmost care in assuring that your order is as similar to your original flower choice as possible even if this means substituting flowers of higher value. While we will always try to inform under these circumstances, flower substitutions may be shipped without verbal confirmation from you.
Astilbe flowers are shipped directly from our farms. Before shipping your flowers, we prepare them for shipment with proper hydration methods. If your flowers appear sleepy and thirsty after their journey it is absolutely NORMAL. Just follow these simple steps and the flowers will bloom delightfully.
- Open your box of flowers and inspect. *
- Ensure that your flower buckets are clean and disinfected.
- Fill the buckets with at least 4 inches of fresh, cool water. If you have flower food follow the instructions on the packet to prepare your water.
- Remove flowers from box by cutting any straps.
- Remove any flower bunch packaging material, including plastic sleeve and/or newspaper.
- Cut stems diagonally under running water with sharp scissors to desired length.
- Immediately after cutting, place the stems in the prepared buckets.
- Allow flowers at least 4 hours to hydrate well. Flowers may take up to 12 hours to properly hydrate.
- Keep flowers away from direct sunlight, drafts or excessive heat.
- Change water every 24 hours to keep flowers fresh. Assure that your flowers have sufficient water. The flowers will drink an exceptionally large amount of water upon arrival.
* If upon first inspection, you foresee a problem with your flowers, do not proceed processing your flowers. It is completely normal for Astilbe to shed! Leave the flowers intact in the box and call us immediately to 1.877 50 ROSES (507-6737).
As the flower ages, some of the smaller flowers will brown and will need to be removed to prolong the vase life.
Ensure that you have sufficient room in each bucket for the amount of flowers you will be storing in the bucket. Flowers need room to breath and bloom; over stuffing buckets with too many flowers, can cause damage as well as prevent proper blooming.